Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Kaizen update 2/24/12

This week I will be tweaking my goals some, because I am now realizing with two weeks in a row being consistent with each other, that maybe I started my goals too high. Time to drop my expectations for a week and see how I do. Now, I am the kind who likes to set the standard high, but I am noticing that I am pressuring myself a bit much for 38.5 weeks pregnant. So lets look at what my week consisted of based on last weeks goals:

My daily goals have been close to being achieved everyday. I need to be more consistent, but the goals themselves are great, and will remain the same. But for the majority of the week I have been accomplishing these goals, even if not in the time of day I would like to.

My weekly goals: this is where I need to make some changes. Blogging is looking like I need to try twice a week for awhile until I get a better handle on life. Knitting did go better this week- I knit 3 times, and accomplished a lot. Now instead of a weekly amount of times, I want this project done by next Thursday. I can accomplish that if I push and of coarse that is also assuming no baby in the next week. That could change all goals though :). The house is also sufficiently clean, rounding out my weekly goals as an A- to B+ status in my opinion. Blogging was subpar, but the rest went well for the week!

Yoga is a big failure. This belly no like to cooperate with any poses. It's awkward. So I have been walking and doing just general stretches this week. And frankly, I don't think yoga will be on my list until after baby and I'm mostly healed up again. Laundry only consisted of a couple loads, therefore I did not spread it over two days. That just seemed like a waste for how little I needed to do this week.

February's reading goal has been accomplished!!! A week early! How exciting to beat a goal! :D Now to set some new ones.


Daily Goals:

Clean Kitchen Daily (all dishes done, counters and table wiped)
Make the bed each morning
Pick up house each evening
Prep tomorrow's dinner (like put meat for defrost in fridge, etc.) each evening
Make tomorrow's to-do list each evening

Weekly Goals:

Clean House (sweep, vacuum, bathroom, you know the normal stuff)
Knit- finish project
Blog 2 times

Goals for 3/2/12:

Walk some each day
Stretch everyday
Laundry spaced out over 2 days

Now lets see if I can stick to these this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment