Monday, June 25, 2012

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. But honestly, isn’t that every day?


Today is the first day of the rest of my life. But honestly, isn’t that every day?

Why do people always wait for big cloud parting, lightning striking, hair on the neck raising, tingling sensations to happen before doing something about their lives? Or until a doctor tells them to shape up or die? I myself do that all the time, something big happens, like watching the premier of “Biggest Loser” each year or randomly reading a motivational book or getting pregnant to pretend to change. I say pretend because obviously I’ve never strived hard enough to actually complete a change. I started running and I dropped weight. I got pregnant, had to quit running for health reasons, and got fat again. (Okay I admit remained fat, but got fatter.) I started a blog. Three times. This I figure as number four, because it’s worked so well before. Those big mountain top experiences never actually last for forever. Why? Fear? Probably. But mostly I think all of us have a lack of self-control and perseverance. My waist line proves both for me. So today I step out. I’m starting this on my 26th birthday: the wrong side of 25 as I’ve heard it so many times. I’m going to try to stick with it this time, and have some accountability to it. I will use my kaizen and actually get through this struggle of not doing my dream. My calling. I’m not me when I’m not writing, reading, knitting, scrapping, and all around starting to be a more natural, simple woman/wife/mother. It’s time to break out and start fulfilling my dreams. But I have to work to achieve them. And I will work on them here.

2 comments:

  1. I like your writing style, little sister. I look forward to future blogs. By the way, happy birthday. With love, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, brother!! It's good to hear some positives on my blogging. I've been very anxious about sharing my blogging with people I actually know. I'm hoping to keep it up this time, and with not having a "real" job, maybe I can! Thanks for your love and support!

    ReplyDelete