Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Kaizen update 2/17/12

This is the cheating method to get three posts... But I felt the Kaizen update deserved it's own post, and it does help my numbers- though I was hoping for more time in between posts. Next week we will work on that.

My daily goals for setting a routine definitely still need some work. Dinner was a constant battle, since I never got around to do a meal plan. Dishes were not done everyday, which make them harder the subsequent day. I didn't even make my bed every day. But the house is clean right now, and honestly it was manageable all week. I would have liked to have achieved better, but it is a start.

I have only knit twice so far this week, but I am planning on knitting either today yet or this evening. I have a project that needs completing soon. And as you can tell I "kinda" blogged three times, however I believe it's a cop out. Therefore even these I need to work on. Definitely not A+ work going on here this week. However, I am on my fourth book for the week. Yes, I had only read one book so far this year, and here I am on my fourth. In one week.

I did split my laundry into two days. It worked well. Especially, considering going up and down the stairs is getting much harder. Only doing it a few times helped my days go much smoother. And I think eventually incorporating laundry into my morning routine everyday will not be so hard. Still working on planning that in for the future. Yoga, well once again not a stellar effort. I did find three poses, all are fairly easy and work on flexibility and movement while pregnant. I only did them once. But I have also walked a lot this week.

So for my past week, I would say I need some improvement, but I am trying at least. This week we will try for some of the same goals while changing or adding a little more.


Daily Goals:

Clean Kitchen Daily (all dishes done, counters and table wiped)
Make the bed each morning
Pick up house each evening
Prep tomorrow's dinner (like put meat for defrost in fridge, etc.) each evening
Make tomorrow's to-do list each evening

Weekly Goals:

Clean House (sweep, vacuum, bathroom, you know the normal stuff)
Knit 3 times
Blog 3 times

Goals for 2/24/12:

Yoga poses 2x
Laundry spaced out over 2 days

February Goal:

Read 2 more books.

I think changing the yoga may help me to attain the goal easier. And I think I will switch from having a yearly book goal to a monthly goal. That way I can adapt when Oswald does arrive. I'm currently about a fourth of the way through a book, meaning I should be able to complete two more by the end of the month. Unless Oswald comes and changes that, but my next book after the one I am currently reading is a Nicholas Sparks. Those only take me a day or two... he's my favorite! Maybe my next post will be starting a weekly/bi weekly book review about what I've currently finished. It's a good thought at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment